.

Sunday 16 August 2009

Cattrina's Horde Following

So I've gone through the epically confusing business of creating some hordie characters. In preparation for the reroll and guild creation, I have brought over my druid from Aggramar to bring over some funds. We now have a guild bank (yay!), and a super tabard. Yes, it's just like the Continues tabard. But this one's red.

I now have a very good idea about what I want to roll, and why.

Link

1/ Undead Priest - Maegan - One of the reasons for rerolling is that I wanted a change. I have never had the patience to level a priest to 80. And I know level 80 priests exist; I've seen them in Dalaran. If others can do it, so can I. I intend* to level her as Holy until 40, when I will switch to Shadow. I intend* to go to as many instances the guild can get together to level, and I intend* to heal with her.

2/ Tauren Druid - Jaego - Sitting in the background is a druid. The only thing putting me off levelling this instead of the priest is because I already have a level 80 druid. Of course, I didn't level Disotto properly (she was RaF'd to 60) so I may switch later. I intend* to reattempt tanking, in the hope that starting from early on may net me more experience as opposed to what I did on Disotto, which was levelling to 80, buying some epics and charging straight into heroics. I think we all know how well it went. I may also heal with Jaego, but I will be saving up dual spec for Maegan first.

3/ Blood Elf Warlock - Maramay - At the back of the queue is another warlock, also called Maramay. I'm seeing a pattern here. I will level this when I'm bored with the other two, as it has less to offer help wise (DPS only class). Never had a high level warlock, either, so will be interested to see the benefits, other than of course the "Gief portal nao plz".

I think three characters should be more than enough to keep me busy. I am still very much looking forward to getting started on the re-roll.

* Actual intention may vary due to laziness or procrastination.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Greygamer said...
 

Holy and then Shadow, that's an unusual approach. Some people think Shadow Priests are quite similar to (Affliction?) Warlocks, I guess you will be in a good position to judge.

I made a similar mistake with my Warlock, didn't do hardly any instances which resulted in long time trying to work out gear, rotations etc. In the end I gave up trying, DPS are easy to get for groups. It did let me get a lot of first time stuff out of the way though so I can now concentrate on enjoying the levelling process.

I've got some mid level characters (on Aerie Peak) I might transfer eventually, simply because they were the first characters I rolled.

Co-incidently I was talking to one of the Nugen Alliance members about instances and how they are designed to teach you different aspects of group content, so yes it is a good idea to do the low level ones rather than jump in at level 80.

Druid tanking is allegedly easier because you need fewer buttons to spam, or so I've been told. I think they have been nerfed a bit, sorry I mean balanced, in the recent patch.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. All other content is copyright © VampyrSnyper.com - All rights reserved. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.