.

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Back to the Horde, one more time?

I started playing WoW in January 2008, it was as a result of an email I got from a fellow Civ III player. After trialling on the US realms (I did not know there were EU realms) I signed up and picked the less numerous Horde. I rolled on the recommended PvE realm of Aerie Peak and picked the least popular class at the time, Druid. That was my first learning experience and it included joining a ‘good’ guild and even getting made an officer in it. Unfortunately I wanted to play with all the toys and as a result ended up with 4 level 40s and got left behind when everyone else was gearing up for raiding.

I re-rolled on another realm, this time my main was a Hunter. Joined another guild, but this one was a bit fragmented so I was soloing most of the time. Then came the NuGen Alliance, a chance to get in at the same level as others without feeling the pressure to race to end content. It was also an opportunity to see if the Alliance were as bad as players on the Horde said. I have still yet to encounter anything matching the Barrens chat to be honest. I still rolled alts, but never got too far behind. I got my first L80 with the NuGen Alliance. This time it was when I could play that got in the way of being able to join in as much as would have liked.
Wow has changed a lot in the year and a half I have been playing, finding groups for classic content is a major problem so when the chance to re-roll and try to recapture the fun of the classic group content I jumped at the chance.

I will be trying to keep my main (Holycrepe - Paladin) up with the rest of the group so I can do more groups, I will be around at least one evening during the week. In addition I have an alt Shaman, both of these are classes I have not levelled beyond 20 before so I will be learning as I go. In addition I have a little project to see if I can turn 10 Linen Cloth into 1,000g by playing the auction house. I hope to keep everyone updated on how that goes as the weeks roll by. My main will be going for the Loremaster title from the start so I will probably be doing a lot of low level zones at the start.
Those who know me (Zandathor on the Nugen Alliance) will know I am an early riser so you can catch me online between 4 and 6 most mornings. In addition I will probably be around 4-6 most evenings from September onwards.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. All other content is copyright © VampyrSnyper.com - All rights reserved. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.