.

Saturday 29 August 2009

Aiv... Aiv... I'm back again.. (Redux)

First and foremost I want to thank the whole guild for getting behind me (ooh-err again) and helping me with the unfortunate situation that befelled me. As was explained in the blog before this, I was victim to a hack-attack, and they merged my WoW account with a Battle.net account (A mistake I will never make again. I've merged ALL my wow accounts, and I urge others to do the same)

It takes 3~ minutes, and will save you

- Heartache
- Frustration/Anger
- Losing your account


When I logged in, or attempted to log in, and it said "Please use your battle.net account", my stomach dropped. I thought, what the hell? Is this a new implemented feature? So I tried to log into my account via the website, which told me the same. I immediately tried to retrieve my password, and was told "That email/account name does not match our records".

At this point, I was devastated. When you play for as long as I have, you become "attached" to your character. I felt as though I had lost a friend, seriously. However gay that sounds .. it's true, and I don't wish it upon anyone. So immediately I submitted a webform (As guided on the email I receieved "thanking" me for merging my account. (( No verification? wtf.)) )

I received a reply quite quickly, stating the information was incorrect, so I replied, this time with what information I could remember.. and again a similar message. So I spent a good hour, trawling through my drawers, trying to find my WoW box.. I found a few of my old pre-paid gamecards, which I added the serial-numbers into the webform, I also found my TBC/Wotlk CD-Keys and put them in aswell.

It was a mash of information, and I don't pity whichever person had to read through it.

Alas, I waited. Frustratingly for a reply. It took longer, 1 hour, 2 hours, 5 hours, 9 hours. A day. Still nothing. I put another month on Cuie's account to try to petition a GM, but after 30 minutes of being logged in, I was disconeccted. I tried to log back in to receieve a "This account has been suspended" message. The email I got was stating a "Precautionary action", after the 24 hour suspension was lifted, I logged in again.. and 30 minutes later was suspended again. This is where I hit rock bottom, I was -so- frustrated. to top it off, I had a shitty night at work last night, I come home, go to check my email and I had 2 emails from "noreplyeu@blizzard.com" the first was a phishing email (You can always tell by mousing-over the link. You'll usually see www.dodgysite.com/wow.html) and the second was a password reset email.

I believe it was the whole guild that helped. But Dreanie was the catalyst. It seemed that him speaking to GM "Draxxiag" worked magics. Draxxiag apparently shifted all my information back to what it was originally and sent me a temporary password.

So, if you ever have dealings with " Draxxiag" then tell him you love him.


And merge your WoW account with your Battle.net account - So you don't have this happen to you, too!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Fuzzy said...
 
Blogger Catrinna said...
 

So you're back alive and kicking!?!

O.M.G!

Best news ever! That's brilliant mate. What's the damage been to your characters?

So glad you got it sorted. And this serves as a warning to everyone: MERGE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. All other content is copyright © VampyrSnyper.com - All rights reserved. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.