.

Monday 31 August 2009

Unusual Social Interaction

I'm just pottering along in Ghostlands questing when a whisper pops up at the bottom of my screen.

'Hi, great name. I am new to the horde.'

That's what it says. Terror fills my heart. There are two reasons for this.

1. Anyone who compliments a character with the name 'UltimateHunk' is a weirdo as far as I am concerned.
2. I can think of no response to this statement which will not provoke further conversation; It's not a question, so I can't just answer it and get on with my life - it's a statement which demands a response and also for me to ask a question, which will almost definitely lead to further awkward social interaction.

So, I try and be clever. I say,

'Thanks. I am new to this server.'

I haven't asked a question, showing that maybe I am indifferent to this persons chatter, but I have responded in a polite way.

'Oh great I have like 5 chars on alliance couple 80s are you new to wow?'

Oh god. Maybe it's just me, but I kind of hate this interaction. If I were to respond I will definitely have to have a proper conversation with this person. I don't want to do that. So I basically ignore this person from now on. I can't handle it.

But there is a problem. We are questing in the same zone. We are questing on the same quest chain. This is hell. We are running alongside each other ignoring each other, both knowing that I, Mr.Rudepants, have ignored her. And it lasts ages. Absolutely ages.

And the worst thing? Cat is there. Questing with me. Laughing in my face.

Eventually I relent and invite the person to join us. She doesn't want to.

So we go on questing next to each other until I curl up into a ball of embarrassment and eat my computer.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Catrinna said...
 
Blogger beefbeefbeef said...
 

Don't forget the best bit; when - while questing alongside us - she dinged. To which I did /cheer and then ran off, leaving you to slide off the roof in silence and shame. That was a particular highlight for me.

I couldn't bring myself to write that bit.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. All other content is copyright © VampyrSnyper.com - All rights reserved. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.